**WARNING: due to heavy pollen and mental exhaustion this post may (will) have typos. Read at your our risk.
FINALLY got to spend some WAAAYY. PAST. DUE. time with bestie this afternoon
during our around-the-world-and-back-again discussion
she said “I’m missing your post”
translation: write more.
my response: “I want to. I REALLY DO.”
I’ve recently been flipping through old prayer journals
revisiting the roller coaster decade
of infertility, loss and LIFE
with the boys, my leaving work, coming home, starting one business and buying another
I have a BAJILLION ideas and stories swirling in my head (have I mentioned I’m a spaz)
and if anyone figures out how to add an hour or so to the day
or can slow the sand in the hourglass
so that I can get these ideas to the keyboard,
HOLLA! at me
here’s a quick recap of LIFE in our neck of the woods:
off the blog:
- Horseshoeing season in FULL SPEED AHEAD! Cowboy Dan is b.u.s.y.! getting camp horses ready for spring events! Anybody want to learn to shoe horses?? (seriously. message me.) ……with the cowboy out shoeing
- Momma Jomma (me) is left to man the feed store that is BOOMING! Thank you LORD! and THANK YOU LOCALS for shopping with us! and telling your friends to shop with us! and for “Liking” Fort Payne Feed & Garden on Facebook.
*side note: Who knew people were so serious about gardening (vegetables & FLOWERS) and fertilizing and how many GAZILLION kinds of seeds or varieties of tomatoes there are!?!?!? not me. but I’m learning.
**Oh! SIGN UP for our
Make & Take HANGING BASKET/CONTAINER CLASS Sat May 4th at Fort Payne Feed & Garden..
- throw in a birthday party for Tuck ! We partied and celebrated our little freckle face cutie all weekend long.
- Saturday afternoon fun on the farm. Sunday, family day at the aquarium. have I mentioned I am crazy in love with this little fella. #crazylove
- 16 days left on our FIRST homeschool calendar! One of the many perks of homeschooling is the flexibility of it…when life gets crazy and we need to adjust routines accordingly, we can. #thankful
on the blog:
though the post haven’t been as frequent as I’d like for them to be
the ones that have made it
have been heartfelt
- Did you hear me?! my baby turned 7! The baby we dreamed of, cried for, rallied a community of prayer warriors for as we messaged weekly reports of his progress in the womb to the whole county….. TURNED 7! Maybe the reason this year seems so old is because he is the age of the children I taught for over a decade and I saw how FAST they matured after they left first grade! My 1st group of 1st graders graduated last year. I vividly remember each of their seven year old faces. #sigh
- For those of you who commented on I cried for days. Revisiting, many reliving your painful seasons, THANK YOU for your comments. Hearing how God carried you through your dark valleys made my heart glad.
- And the quote that won;t leave my heart alone. The quote from Bill Britton will preach. Read it.
- He’s still here. Duke, our beloved horse, that has to live here, forever is improving. He’s not a 100% yet. Not sure he ever will be but he’s up. Eating and putting a little more pressure on his foot each day. Thanks for caring.
still on the calendar this month:
- store+ shoeing+shoeing+shoeing for Cowboy Dan
- more feed store for Momma Jomma and the rascals
- school work
- Host a See-YOU-SOON party for our dear friends leaving for the mission field! Read more about their story here.
- PreK3 group coming to the farm next week (Sorry gang, they are the last BIG group) (still booking parties up to 20)
- Mission trip to Indiana for this Momma Jomma the last week of the month
- Writing a collaborative post with blogger friends during National Infertility Awareness Week -April 21-27..stay tuned
ps. and rest more.