What’s your word for the year?
Watch is mine.
Last year it was ‘one.’ I asked the Lord to give me one person at a time to encourage, one speaking event, one new opportunity and he did, and he did. This year, the message was clear, “Hey Karmen, instead of you trying to move, shake and make things happen, how about you WATCH me.”
“WATCH for the new thing I am going to do. It is already happening~ you can see it now. I will make a road through the wilderness and give you streams of water there.” Isaiah 43:19
The dictionary defines watch: to be alertly on the lookout; or observe, as to see what happens. To look or wait attentively and expectantly.
We are 26 days into the new year, and I’m awestruck. God is not one to be outdone.
Let’s pretend for a moment we are having coffee. I am looking at you with serious eyes and saying, “Please. Make time to get alone with God and see all that He has for you. Listen. Look for Him attentively and expectantly. He is good, faithful and true. He has greater things in store for you. Amen”
If I may share a couple (or 5) things He has already done through YOU this year to remind me He is real:
- One of YOU is a friend of a friend living in HUNGARY. You shared the video on My Town Live with your friend. She shared it and now because of YOU, a woman in HUNGARY remembered how earnestly she prayed as a young girl. She wants to pray again as she has before. So, because of YOU sharing a video- a woman in HUNGARY is buying journals for herself and her friends. Together, they are drawing nearer to God!
- Another one of YOU lost your job and wanted to give your final paycheck to God. Because of YOUR obedience and desire to be found faithful 25 girls in the county jail now have a #PrayBig journal, and they’re praying together!
Still not convinced God is using YOU:
- YOU shared #PrayBig on Instagram. Last night a woman discovered the #PrayBig hashtag. She sent me an email and wants a journal because YOU used a hashtag.
- One of YOU shared this blog with a young woman who wants to encourage the women God has placed in her path. She’s not wasting her days. She ordered a bundle of #PrayBig journals and is bravely leading others through prayer!
One more for the skeptics:
- Another one of YOU shared the My Town Live video about #PrayBig with some leading women of influence. One of them liked it enough to send a follow-up email. To be continued…
God IS using YOU lest you doubt. I’ve seen your graciousness, YOUR obedience to Him, and YOUR generosity. I’ve heard some of your #PrayBig prayers. You humble me, and I am so very glad God, in His goodness, is letting us do this life together.
If you’re new here or late to the party: JOIN the #PrayBig community. Follow on Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
Speaking of YouTube..
It’s time for a QUICK POLL: We need your feedback.
- Are the #PrayBig videos helpful and encouraging?
- How can we improve the #PrayBig videos? Lighting? Eye contact? No eye contact?
- Would you like to see interviews with those using the journal?
We want to hear from YOU! PLEASE LEAVE YOUR VIDEO SUGGESTIONS IN COMMENTS.
Lastly, a #PrayBig YOU-DON’T-WANT-TO-MISS-THIS-GIVEAWAY is coming SOON!
It includes stuff. Like the kind of stuff you’re going to need a LOVE button!! So, SIGN-UP for email because you are going to be the first to get the scoop!
In other news in no particular:
- Rambo, our jersey bull calf is the newest arrival on the farm. He’s adorbs and makes me ache for spring.
- Tucker Milling Feed in now available at our little feed store. It’s our NEW featured product and probably forever will be because our Tucker likes that his name is on a sign. BONUS: it’s quality, affordable feed!
- Fresh ground, black, Columbian coffee may be my new fav after staying the weekend with my friend, SandiHerron.com She and her husband may possibly be the most gracious hosts ever in the history of hosting. I can’t wait to tell you more about her…Until then, go visit her space SandiHerron.com You’ll be glad you did!
- What’s you favorite winter read? I need a new book.
- Boys are wild in winter.
- We had a family photo shoot done recently because I am obsessed with Rachel Clarke’s art. She tells beautiful stories through her lens and beautiful stories are my favorite. Follow her blog because just do. She’s just so talented.
- I will be speaking to the First United Methodist Ladies this weekend in Mentone, Alabama and would be thrilled if you would pray for us.
- And to CBM Ladies in Townsend, TN next because God continues to show out through you!
much love and sincerest apprecation~
P.S. This post is FULL of LINKS! Click all of the links because if you don’t- you’ll miss stuff. Good stuff.
Sheryl Holcomb says
I enjoy all of your posts. God is using you in such a powerful way!! You are such a blessing to others!!
Carrie Beason says
I love the #PrayBig video tutorials & find them very very useful for a 1st time journaler….they’ve helped me a lot. I personally like eye contact & I think that video interviews from other #PrayBig users would be neat. That might help give us other perspectives from people who might be new to journaling too. I’m not a big reader but my winter read is The Comeback by Louie Giglio…such an easy read & so straightforward…it’s awesome!
Tammy Lacey says
Yes eye contact…you are getting better and better! Always a blessing!!!
Margaret Thacker says
I want to see your beautiful face looking directly into the camera!! Loved the latest “Blessing”!!
Love and prayers
Favorite new read: God is Able by Priscilla Shirer! Cannot say enough about how this book has impacted my prayer life and outlook!
Keep fighting the fight! #PrayBig