Tomorrow my first-born will be nine. Excuse me? Spell check please-did I just spell N-I-N-E???!
Now that’s weird since I just had him yesterday but this post isn’t about him because I can’t cry about that tonight, I’ll think about that tomorrow #scarlettohara
But instead let’s talk about ………..
Mother’s Day is just a few weeks away and just in case I haven’t made it super-duper clear on how much I adore our Momma, aka Precious, here are just a few of the wondrous things about her….
- she’s the most selfLESS person I know
- loves Jesus with all of her heart, soul and mind and has read the Bible through more times than I can count
- models appropriate behaviors and praises always
- a devoted, committed wife to our daddy of 44 years-treats him like a king
- opens her home to us (the whole, LOUD tribe of grands, sisters and hubs) every Sunday night for unmatched food and fellowship
- wears and apron and puts her face on every morning before 8-(lip liner-ALWAYS) a modern-day June Cleaver
- the matriarch of our immediate as well as our extended family
- a legacy of faith to this community-NO DOUBT
If you have had the privilege of meeting her, you know I speak truth. A live-it-out-loud Proverbs 31 woman. She has extended her loving arms to my friends, my sisters’ friends, their sisters and their friends all of our days. Her love knows no bounds.
To ice the cake, she has made a quilt. A hand-stitched, every single stitch, no machine, no help-just her loving hands and we are giving it away-here!
YES, you read that correctly and NO, this is not a joke.
She has graciously donated this made-with-love- quilt for my first ever GIVEAWAY!!!!!!!
It fits like a full, would make a great layer or throw and looks fabulous just draped across the foot of the bed.
I heart this quilt so much.
Here’s the skinny on how to ENTER:
1. Follow–> Blessings Beyond the Barnyard on Facebook
2. Comment under this post on why you love your momma or what you miss most about your mother if she is no longer with you. This absolutely includes mothers who have adopted and/or women you adore because they loved you like their own.
2. Follow and tag a friend on Instagram.
And YES, you can do all three!
I’ll be noting and keeping a running list.
A winner will be chosen at random NEXT TUESDAY, APRIL 21ST and mailed to arrive just in time for MOTHER’S DAY.
If you’ve never shared a post PLEASE SHARE this one lest my precious mother’s labor be in vain to grow this space. I must be honest- I’ve struggled to give this away because I love it so but it is her wish to share it with one of you:)
Much love to you ~